Last Updated: December 31, 2022
For purposes of this Policy, personal information means data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations. Nothing in this Policy will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to Discount Tire Direct generally or in any specific context.
This Policy expressly incorporates any privacy notices we may issue to supplement this Policy. Depending on your residency, a supplemental privacy notice may apply to you. For example, if you are a California or Virginia resident, please view our Privacy Notice. Unless supplemental notices expressly provide otherwise, in the event of any conflict between this Policy and additional privacy notices, this Policy governs.
By accessing, browsing, downloading, or otherwise using the Services, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, you may not use the Services. Amendments to this Policy will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of our Services after the amendments are posted constitutes your agreement to those changes. Please read this statement carefully and check back regularly for any amendments.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described in the "Contact Us" section below.
LINKED SITE'S PRIVACY POLICIES
CHOICE AND OPT OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA AND VIRGINIA RESIDENTS
Collection of Information
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through the use of our Services, information that we automatically collect when you interact with Services, and information provided by third parties. The following are examples of the categories of information that we collect. Please note that the actual information we collect from you will vary based on your specific use of our Services.
- Account Information includes name, address, email address, phone number, vehicle, username, and password. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Contact Information includes name, address, email address, and phone number. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Commercial History includes information regarding the purchases you have made through our Services such as your invoice number, vehicle information, and products purchased. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Device and Browser Information includes hardware model, screen size, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, internet service provider, internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, application version number, browser, names, versions and package IDs of software on your device, and IP addresses. We collect this information automatically as you navigate our Services.
- Driver's License Information includes your state-issued driver's license number. We collect this information in limited circumstances to verify your identity and prevent fraud when required as part of a Discount Tire Direct Fleet Program.
- Email, Chat, and Telephone Interaction Information includes IP address, location information, unique device identifier or characteristics, internet service provider, mobile carrier, mobile phone number, browser, operating system, cookies, and the content of your interaction. We collect this information when you communicate with us.
- Geolocation Information includes information about your actual location, which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers. We collect this information automatically as you navigate our Services.
- Interests and Preferences includes interested products, type of vehicle, tire size, and locations of interest and information regarding alerts you would like to receive. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Payment Information includes name, address, phone number, and financial information. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Responses to Surveys and Questionnaires includes any information you provide to us when you voluntarily respond to market research surveys such as email address, age, and gender. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us.
- Social Media Information includes information that you post by sharing on a blog or another social media platform. This also includes information that you post on our discussion boards. We collect this information when you provide it directly to us. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes. Please note that our actual use of your information will vary based on your specific use of our Services.
- Creating and maintaining your account;
- Conducting business, such as selling you products and services and processing transactions;
- Responding to your requests or other communications;
- Marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Analysis of your use of Services;
- Analysis and development of new or improved products and services;
- Improving and maintaing the security of the Services;
- Legitimate business purposes permitted under the law;
- Protecting ourselves against error and fraud; and
- Any other purpose to which you consent.
We may send one or more Cookies to your computer or other device. We may also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, or similar tools when you visit our Services. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Services. This information allows us to understand how you use some Services.
What are cookies and other tracking technologies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Services.
We set some Cookies ourselves and others are set by third parties. You can manage your Cookies preference as described in the "Managing Cookies" section below.
We may also use web beacons (also called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"), which are invisible picture files, or small portions of code, that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize users on our website and in emails that we send to consumers.
Web beacons helps us measure the success of our marketing campaigns. We also use web beacons to track whether you interacted with or were referred to us by advertisements on a third party site.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The following chart lists the different types of Cookies that we and our service providers and third parties use on the Site, examples of who serves those Cookies and links to the privacy notices and opt-out information of those Cookie servers.
|Types of Cookies||Purpose||Who Serves |
These Cookies are required for the operation of the Site and enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact the performance of the Site.
These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences. These Cookies also enable your interactions with the Site such as emailing us and customer support chat.
Analytics, Performance, and Research
These Cookies, beacons, and pixels allow us to analyze activities on the Site. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Site. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Site. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the content on the Site for those who engage with our advertising.
These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Site through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
These Cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance, or track email marketing.
We do not use any cookies, pixels, or other tracking that discloses to any third-party information that identifies a person as having viewed specific video materials.
How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Site until the end of that particular browsing session. These Cookies, which are called "Session Cookies," expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called "Persistent Cookies" and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how your use of the Site may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Discount Tire Direct also responds to the Global Privacy Control ("GPC") signal. The GPC signal is a browser level signal that can reflect the desire to opt-out of having personal information shared or sold. Some browsers allow transmission of GPC signal. By broadcasting this signal, Discount Tire Direct will not transmit your personal information to third parties who perform analytics services or who advertise to you based on this information. Please note that your use of our website will still be tracked by Discount Tire Direct and its Service Providers who have agreed to limit their use of personal information.
Sharing of Information
We share personal information with our service providers. We require that our service providers only use shared personal information to perform the services requested by Discount Tire Direct in accordance with this privacy statement and that the service providers have adequate security measures in place to protect any of your shared personal information.
We may also share your personal information with third parties, such as social media services that we partner with and companies that participate in our Discount Tire Direct Fleet Program for which you work; with anyone to whom you expressly consent; with law enforcement or other entities subject to legal requirements; to protect our rights or the rights or safety of others; with manufacturers for recall and other safety purposes; and as otherwise may be required by law or regulation. We may also share aggregated data about our customers, in a non-personally identifiable form, to non-affiliated companies for certain purposes, such as market research, safety, data modeling, and analytics.
We may share your personal information with our affiliates. For example, we share your information with the regional Discount Tire company that operates in your home state to provide you products and services at our retail locations.
In the event that we enter into a corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer personal information that we have collected to the relevant third party.
Other Websites and Links
This Site contains links and references to other sites, including social media sites. Discount Tire Direct is not responsible for the privacy practices, security measures, or the content of such websites.
Linked Site's Privacy Policies
This Site utilizes reasonable security measures and technologies to prevent the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. Although we are committed to protecting the privacy of your information, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute security. Please do your part to protect your information by keeping your software patched, using updated anti-virus or anti-malware software, using personal firewalls, and an updated unique complex password.
Choice and Opt Out
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a marketing email or by submitting an unsubscribe request at https://dt-privacyportal-ui.merudata.app/privacy-request/discounttiredirect/customer/form/Marketing/Unsubscribe. Upon receiving your request, we will promptly remove you from marketing correspondence. Please note, however, that we may still contact you for non-marketing purposes.
This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 16 years. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us through the Site, we will immediately delete such information.
Contacting Our Administrators
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at ConsumerAffairs@discounttire.com or at Discount Tire Direct, 20225 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.
Notice for California and Virginia Residents
California and Virginia residents have certain rights with respect to their data. These rights are established though the California Consumer Privacy Act and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. The Privacy Notice for California and Virginia residents, which describes these rights in more detail and how residents of these states may exercise these rights, can be found here.